Everton Messages of Support – Terms & Conditions (the “Terms”)
Please note: Fan Tokens are a form of cryptoasset. To acquire Fan Tokens, you must download the Socios.com app and purchase our native cryptocurrency which can then be exchanged for Fan Tokens. Please note that (a) the value of cryptoassets is variable and can go down as well as up; (b) cryptoassets are unregulated in most markets, including the UK; and (c) CGT (or similar taxes) may be payable on any profits made on the sale of cryptoassets. You should carefully consider buying or selling cryptoassets as it entails risks and could result in a complete loss of funds. Fan Tokens are not suitable for those under-18. For more information visit www.socios.com.
Terms & Conditions (the “Terms”)
This Campaign is called “Everton Messages of Support” (“Campaign”);
The promoter of this Campaign and Data Controller (for purposes of any data processing) is Socios Services Limited, 14 East, Level 7, Sliema Road, Gzira, GZR1639, Malta (the “Promoter”). One (1) entry per Participant is permitted.
The Campaign will run from 24th November 2022 09:00 CET (the “Opening Date”) until 9th December 2022 10:00 CET (the “Closing Date”). Anyone who attempts to participate following the Closing Date will not be eligible to participate and will not be considered. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to consider submissions made after the Closing Date.
Who qualifies for the campaign
5. The Campaign is strictly for Participants who:
Are at least eighteen (18) years of age
Users who have Completed the steps mentioned in the ‘How to participate’ section of these terms and conditions.
How to participate:
6. The Campaign will run exclusively for new and existing users on the Socios.com app.
7. In order to participate in the Campaign, You must:
Complete the Campaign form
Hold at least one (1) $EFC/Everton Fan Token
8. Participation in the Campaign is free, and no purchase is necessary.
9. There shall be a total of three (3) Campaign winners (the “Winners”). From all submission into the competition entry form, a number of messages of support will be selected from the verified valid entries received during the campaign period by a Socios.com representative and Everton to be put into an in-app poll. The Winners shall then be decided by the Fan Token holder in-app poll on the Socios.com app.
10. The Winners will be contacted within five (5) days as from the Closing Date via email on the email address provided when registering on the Socios.com App. The decision of the Promoter is final.
11. Once the confirmation of attendance has been received, the winners shall receive a pair of VIP tickets to Everton vs Southampton taking place on the 14th January 2023 at Goodison Park Stadium.
12. The companion of the Winners must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
13. The Winners (and their companion) must have a valid ID to enter the stadium.
14. Any reward in relation to the Campaign shall be strictly limited to that described herein these Terms, and any other rewards, prizes or benefits are hereby being explicitly excluded, including but not limited to, any travel costs and accommodation costs, which costs are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
15. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
16. If the Winners do not respond to the Promoter within five (5) hours of being notified by the Promoter, then the Winner’s Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another Winners in accordance with the process described above.
18. The basis of the processing relies on your consent and on the legitimate interest of the Promoter. Data subject rights to exercise: access rectification, deletion and objection regarding personal data processing. The right of the data subject to withdraw the consent at any time and without costs. Finally, the right to lodge a complaint before the Supervisory Authority.
19. Personal data supplied during the course of this Campaign may be passed on to third party suppliers and-or third countries only insofar as required for the fulfilment of the Campaign and the Prize.
Terms & Conditions
20. The Promoter reserves the right to, at any time, change the Terms at its sole and absolute discretion, including but not limited to, the provisions and conditions regulating the Campaign, and the selection of the Winner and the Prize.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind.
22. Due to the outbreak of Corona Virus (COVID-19), should the delivery of the Prize be reasonably difficult to execute or impossible, then the Prize may not be delivered to the participant in which eventuality, the Promoter shall not be responsible for any expenses or damages whatsoever sustained by the participant in connection with the Campaign.
23. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Campaign is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
24. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms upon entry. The Promoter reserves, at its sole and absolute discretion, the right to, at any time, refuse entry, disqualify or refuse participation to anyone in breach of these Terms and/or any applicable law.
25. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Campaign, including the Prize, where it feels that it becomes necessary to do so. The Promoter shall have no financial obligation to any Participant for cancellation, and no compensation shall be due.
26. By entering in the Campaign, participants accept and agree to participate in publicity material related to the Prize and this Campaign which may include the publication of the participant’s name, age and image (including social media) both for Socios and for Chiliz.
27. By participating in the Campaign, all participants confirm that they are not a member of any supporters’ association, howsoever described, and that they are not subject to a prohibition of access to places where sporting events are held, including the measures referred to in Article 6 of Law No 401 of 13 December 1989, as subsequently amended and/or supplemented, or in Law No 1423 of 27 December 1956, as subsequently amended and/or supplemented, and that they have no convictions, including those which have not become final yet, for offences committed during or as a result of a sports event; as well as for counterfeiting or for selling forged goods. Neither the Promoter (nor any of its affiliated entities), shall be held responsible in the event that a Winner (and/or its companion) is denied access to or expelled from the event constituting the Prize in view of the above-mentioned reasons of unsuitableness or otherwise due to any infringement of the general conditions applicable to such activity and/or the rules of use of the Etihad Stadium (or the alternative hosting stadium). The participant shall fully indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter (and any of its affiliated entities including its agents or distributors) and any of its affiliated entities against all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, losses and costs (including legal costs and expenses) occasioned to the Promoter (and any of its affiliated entities including its agents or distributors) and any of its affiliated entities as a consequence of any breach or alleged breach of this warranty.
28. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the gross negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
29. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Malta. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms and/or the Campaign shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Maltese courts and tribunals, and the Participants of the Campaign submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Maltese courts and tribunals.
31. Apple is not a sponsor or in any way involved in the promotional activities as contemplated in these Terms.
All images relating to the app on the site are for information purposes and may not reflect the final graphics of the product.
Fan Tokens are a type of utility token. They are obtained by exchanging them for the Chiliz cryptocurrency ($ CHZ), which can be purchased on the Socios.com app after downloading it. Before using crypto-assets (tokens), consider that: (a) their value can go down or up; (b) they are not regulated in most countries; (c) you may have to pay taxes on any profits made from their sale.