WHAT IT WAS:
To qualify for sponsorship, the teams were first selected by the Socios Esports team with the following prerequisites: their size, (small to medium-sized teams), organisation and their ambition to progress.
To win, the teams took part in a competition run on our website to ascertain which teams could receive the most votes from their fans. The competition ran for a two-week period from 3rd December - 17th December. Once the competition ended, the votes were counted and verified; the winners were contacted and announced via social media. The actual sponsorship began the start of February 2019.
- An important initiative to demonstrate that we are supporting the entire esports ecosystem, from the ground up
- Giving back to the esports industry - Socios was built with esports in mind and we’re looking to grow esports from the inside out and help organisations gain a foothold in the industry
- Allows us to access fans, brands and potential sponsors
- Important for user acquisition as we start to build our audience/customer base
HOW WE WORKED WITH THE TEAMS TO DO THIS
- Promote it across Social media campaign/website - engage the fan bases
- The teams to utilise all outlets (social media/friends and family/podcasts/local radio stations/Local newspapers - It is on the team's shoulders to drive traffic to the website to vote on their team
- Once the winners had been chosen, contractual discussions began and after confirmation, the sponsorship/funding began.
- A plan from the team as to where the money will be used
- The teams will be required during the 6-month contract period to work with us on producing content to go to the market, which will include our branding