- Turkish club Göztepe, in partnership with Chiliz, have announced they will launch the $GOZ Fan Token on blockchain-based fan engagement and rewards platform Socios.com.
- Fan Token owners can access benefits including voting rights in club polls, VIP rewards, ‘super-fan’ recognition, club & sponsor promotions, games and chat forums.
- Göztepe will become the fourth Turkish club to launch a Fan Token on Socios.com, joining Galatasaray, Trabzonspor, İstanbul Başakşehir and many more world leading sporting organisations including FC Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus and AC Milan.
- Details on the launch date for the $GOZ Fan Token, the price and the first poll will be revealed soon.
- Socios.com has been downloaded by more than 500,000 fans around the world in 1 year, with the current market cap on Fan Tokens over $200M USD. Fan Tokens generated $30M for clubs and partners in 2020 and look set to become a powerful new revenue stream for the sports industry. Many more major clubs are set to launch Fan Tokens in 2021.
GÖZTEPE MARCH 03RD 2021: Göztepe, in partnership with fintech blockchain company Chiliz, have announced plans to launch a $GOZ Fan Token on the blockchain-based fan engagement and rewards platform Socios.com.
Göztepe returned to the Süper Lig in 2016 after a 13-year absence and have a proud history, having won the Turkish championship in 1950. Göztepe were also the first Turkish club to reach the semi-finals of a major European competition, a feat they achieved in 1969. The club has a notoriously passionate and devoted fanbase and regularly attracted higher crowds than many Süper Lig clubs while playing in the lower leagues of Turkish football between 2002–2008.
$GOZ Fan Tokens will massively increase the club’s ability to engage with its supporters, with fans able to access a wide range of benefits, including the right to vote in multiple club decisions each season, VIP rewards & experiences, exclusive club and sponsor promotions, games, competitions and ‘super-fan’ recognition.
Göztepe will become the fourth major Turkish side to launch a Fan Token, joining Galatasaray, Tranzonspor and İstanbul Başakşehir on the Socios.com platform. FC Barcelona, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, AC Milan, AS Roma, Atlético de Madrid and AC Milan are also among the 22 leading sporting organizations to have partnered with Socios.com. Leading esports organizations Team Heretics, NAVI, OG and Alliance have all launched Fan Tokens on the platform, while UFC have signed a global fan engagement agreement and fellow MMA organisation the Professional Fighters League will launch a Fan Token in the coming months. More major clubs are set to launch Fan Tokens in the near future.
Powered by the utility token Chiliz $CHZ, Socios.com is one of the most active non-financial, consumer-facing mainstream blockchain products in the world and in just over a year it has been downloaded by more than 500,000 people.
Fan Tokens generated over $30M USD in revenue in 2020 that was shared with Socios.com clubs and partners. Fan Tokens have also been listed on major global exchanges, including Binance and the leading Turkish exchange Paribu, contributing to average daily trading volumes in excess of $50M. The total market cap for all Fan Tokens is currently over $200M.
Details on the launch date for the $FOR Fan Token, the price, maximum supply and the first poll will be revealed soon.
Founded in 2018 Chiliz ($CHZ) is a fintech blockchain company that provides sports & entertainment entities with tools to help them engage & monetize their global audiences. The company recently opened an office in Turkey and has multiple office locations around the world. In 2021 the company will open new offices in Madrid and New York.
Talat Papatya, Vice President of Göztepe said: “Our fans mean everything to us and we wouldn’t exist without them.
“$GOZ Fan Tokens are an opportunity for us to give something back to our fans, allowing them to have a say in certain club decisions and to enjoy all the other engagement features available on the Socios.com app.
“We are looking forward to getting started. The release of the $GOZ Fan Token will be a big moment for the club and all of its supporters.”
Alexandre Dreyfus, CEO and Founder of Chiliz and Socios.com, said: “I’m really excited to welcome Göztepe as the latest addition to our Fan Token ecosystem and delighted that fans will soon be able to enjoy unprecedented engagement with their club.
“Fan Tokens are being adopted by clubs and fans in Turkey faster than anywhere else in the world.
“Göztepe are our fourth Turkish Süper Lig club, but with new partnerships, strategic agreements and a fast growing team here on the ground in Turkey they certainly won’t be the last.”