What is the Socios Pass?
Every user in the Socios.com platform currently has a unique identifier, their ‘Socios Pass’, linked to their account. Our users’ ability to access this Socios Pass to engage with various features & services requires them to complete some or all of our platform’s “Know Your customer” (KYC) identity verification steps.
By adding in verification of a valid immunity passport or other ‘proof of immunity’ documentation provided by a government body or other regulatory agency we are able to turn Socios Pass into a one-stop identity & health indicator.
Applicable to facilitate a safe return to ‘normal’
How can Socios Pass help with fan security in-stadium in a post-COVID-19 environment?
By adding in verification of a valid immunity passport or other ‘proof of health’ documentation provided by a government body or other regulatory agency we are able to turn Socios Pass into a one-stop identity & health indicator. All of collected health & identity data will be stored via blockchain to ensure its security and to avoid falsification. With this functionality active, Socios Pass can be used as a first line of defense to safeguard fan health as in-stadium attendance is slowly reintroduced and also serve as an identity verification tool for all ticket holders.
Using the Socios.com app & VISA Card as verifiers:
Verification via QR code on the Socios.com app
When fans arrive at the stadium they will also be able to quickly scan in their Socios Pass via a one-time-use QR code rendered by the Socios.com app.
Verification via NFC using the Socios.com Debit Card
As an alternative, fans can use their Socios.com Debit Card to provide gate agents with the same aforementioned information via NFC scan.
How will the Socios Pass health & identity system work?
Uploads their personal information into the platform:
- Photo ID which is then cleared via KYC
- Immunity certificate issued by government or other trusted body
Goes to club venue to watch a match:
- Accesses their Socios Pass QR code via the app. This QR code will be generated uniquely for each user. It will expire every 60 seconds to ensure security (expiration time can be variable).
- Alternatively accesses their Socios Pass information via NFC scan using their Socios.com Debit Card.
Gives gate agents tools to quickly scan through Socios Passes:
- Socios.com will provide a secure application to the club for free, which is capable of scanning Socios Pass information via QR code and NFC. No proprietary hardware is needed, only an Android phone with NFC scanning capability.
- Gate agents will read each incoming fans’ Socios Pass QR codes and/ or Debit Cards via NFC in conjunction with scanning their ticket to retrieve real-time immunity status & a certified photo of the fan to confirm identity.
- Gate agents’ Socios Pass scanning app will have a 1-click, or 1-swipe system to quickly confirm each incoming fans’ identity and health status.
The benefits of Socios Pass verification:
- Low integration hurdles as identity & health status data & verification all happen on the side of Socios.com.
- Free KYC validation utility for fan identity & health status.
- Fast set-up time frame as Socios.com is already partnered with first-adopter clubs, caters to existing fans & already features a KYC account creation funnel. A “software only” solution to respond to the new reality of spectator events without significant infrastructural changes needed.
- A “software only” solution to respond to the new reality of spectator events without significant infrastructural changes needed.
- Centralisation of identity & health verification needs into a platform already built around offering added last-mile benefits to fans.
- No direct medical/ health data stored locally on the app
- No storage of fan venue ‘check-ins’ unless fans specifically opt into this for rewards purposes
- Scalable second security layer to stay ahead of probable incoming regulatory recommendations
- Ready in time to welcome back fans safely.
- GDPR Compliant
Future integrations: Socios Pass as a pre-ticketing filter
A valid Socios Pass can be used as a required input step before fans are able to purchase tickets to live home matches online, ensuring:
- Only fans who are at low or zero health risk are initially able to attend matches
- Fans are not able to purchase tickets if they are at risk of being turned away on matchday when their identity & health status undergoes confirmation.