- Blockchain-based fan engagement platform Socios.com becomes a member of Fintech Association Turkey (FINTR), joining an elite network that includes several of the country’s leading financial institutions and Binance Turkey.
- FINTR is committed to spreading awareness about innovation and advanced tech solutions in the financial sector and positioning Turkey as a global fintech hub.
- 20 leading sporting organisations have partnered with Socios.com to launch Fan Tokens including Galatasaray, Trabzonspor, Istanbul Basaksehir, FC Barcelona, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain and AC Milan.
- Socios.com has been downloaded by more than 450,000 people, 14M Fan Tokens have been sold, and over 700,000 votes registered on the blockchain in 1 year. Fan Tokens generated $30M for clubs and partners globally in 12 months and are set to become a powerful new revenue stream for the Turkish sports industry.
- Turkey is a key market for Socios.com. The company recently opened a new Turkish headquarters and is committed to delivering 100M Turkish Lira to the country’s sports industry.
ISTANBUL, JANUARY 29TH 2021: Blockchain-based fan engagement platform Socios.com has become a member of Fintech Association Turkey (FINTR). Socios.com have partnered with 20 leading sporting organizations to launch Fan Tokens, including Turkish clubs Galatasaray, Istanbul Basaksehir and Trabzonspor.
Fan Tokens are digital assets that allow fans to access a wide range of benefits on the Socios.com platform, including voting rights, VIP rewards and exclusive promotions. Users can also enjoy games, competitions and ‘super-fan’ recognition.
FINTR is a non-profit organization working to increase the number of innovative fintech solutions and startups and helping to facilitate their emergence on a global scale. In particular, FINTR is committed to spreading awareness about innovation and advanced tech solutions in the financial sector and positioning Turkey as a global fintech hub.
In joining FINTR, Socios.com follows in the footsteps of several leading Turkish-based fintech organisations and a number of the country’s leading financial institutions.
Powered by the utility token Chiliz $CHZ, Socios.com is one of the most active non-financial, consumer-facing mainstream blockchain products in the world. In just over a year it has been downloaded by more than 450,000 people, over 14M Fan Tokens have been sold, and over 700,000 votes registered on the blockchain. In total, Fan Tokens have generated over $30M USD for clubs and partners in a little over 12 months. In September the launch of the Trabzonspor $TRA Fan Token generated 5M Turkish Lira in 5 minutes and in late December several Fan Tokens were listed on major global exchanges – including Paribu and Binance – driving significant activity, with $PSG and $JUV trading volumes hitting a 24 hour high of $300M.
More major clubs are set to launch Fan Tokens in the near future, with the company focused on growing its Turkish footprint considerably. In addition to the three current partner clubs, Socios.com will be adding more Turkish partners to its roster in 2021 and building towards its goal of delivering $100M TL to the country’s sports industry.
Socios.com recently opened the doors to its new Turkish HQ and is actively recruiting, with plans to have as many as 20 staff on-board by the end of the year.
Demet Zübeyiroğlu, President of FINTR said: “We’re really pleased to welcome Socios.com onboard as our latest member. The company is clearly committed to growing its presence in Turkey and is a perfect fit for our organization.
“Socios.com is an organized, focused, driven company with a genuinely innovative proposition that has the potential to be of massive benefit to Turkey’s sports industry.
“We look forward to collaborating with them to foster the fintech ecosystem both in Turkey and internationally.”
Alexandre Dreyfus, CEO and Founder of Chiliz and Socios.com said: “We are providing an advanced fintech solution that has the potential to become an incredibly powerful new revenue stream for Turkish sports organisations.
“FINTR fully recognise this and are giving their full backing to our mission to achieve the twin target of massively boosting fan engagement and monetization for the country’s sports industry.
“We’re delighted to become a part of the FINTR network, which further establishes our growing reputation as one of the country’s most innovative fintech organisations. This partnership is also further proof of our long-term commitment to our investment in Turkey.”