Fixture Details – Date and Kick-off Time
Juventus vs Napoli takes place on Friday, December 8 at 8.45pm CET / 7.45pm UK time / 2.45pm ET
Venue – Where the Action Unfolds
The Juventus vs Napoli match will take place at the Allianz Stadium in Turin, Italy.
Team Form – Recent Performances
Juventus are unbeaten in their last five matches. They have wins over Monza, Cagliari, Fiorentina and Verona, and also drew 1-1 with Inter Milan. They failed to win any of their games by more than a single goal. They have not been beaten since September 23, when they lost 4-2 at Sassuolo. Their defensive strength has helped them into a title-challenging position.
Napoli’s form is less impressive, with a 1-0 Serie A defeat at home to Empoli, a 4-2 Champions League loss at Real Madrid, and a draw with Union Berlin in the same competition. They also beat Salernitana 2-0 away at the start of November, and beat Atalanta 2-1.
Tactical Battle – Managers’ Strategies Unveiled
Max Allegri makes sure that, first of all, his team is not beaten. Often favouring three at the back, he is willing to concede possession and then hit sides on the counterattack, but he is also keen for his team to press high when the situation demands it. While it is a demanding set of instructions for his players, it can often exhaust the opposition and force them into fatigue and mistakes. With high quality strikers such as Dusan Vlahovic, sometimes only a few chances are needed.
Walter Mazzarri arrived at Napoli to get rid of the misery of the Rudi Garcia era, and he has reverted to Luciano Spaletti’s 2023 Serie A-winning system in the short time since he has been brought back. 4-3-3, with Victor Osimhen devastatingly supported by Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, is a dangerous proposition for any defence.
Key Players – Influential Figures on the Pitch
- Victor Osimhen: After some suggestions that the Nigerian forward was keen to leave the club after Napoli’s social media controversy, Osimhen is now reportedly ready to sign a contract extension. Six goals in 12 appearances is a healthy return but he did not score in the 4-2 defeat at Real Madrid.
- Khvicha Kvaratskhelia: The brilliant Georgian winger scored in the 2-1 win at Atalanta and he continues to attract attention from the biggest sides in Europe. President Aurelio De Laurentiis says he will not offer the player a new deal, which might spur him on to force through a big-money move elsewhere over the next year.
- Dusan Vlahovic: In last month’s huge clash between Juventus and Inter, the Serbian forward scored for the home side to help earn a 1-1 draw. After taking a while to settle in following a January 2022 move worth an initial 70 million euros, he has a return of five goals in 12 games so far, and could sign a contract extension.
- Federico Chiesa: The Italian international winger offers a goalscoring threat down the right, but he is also versatile enough to fill in at wing-back when the situation demands it. At 26, he needs to show consistency and get over his injury struggles if he is to make the most of his potential.
Head-to-Head History – Past Encounters
- Over 180 official matches, Juventus have 83 wins, Napoli have 43, and the remaining 58 fixtures were drawn.
- The last meeting, on 23 April 2023, was a 1-0 win for Napoli at Juventus.
- The biggest win was for Juventus, when they beat Napoli 8-0 on 6 March 1927.
- On 14 May 1978, Napoli beat Juventus 5-0 for their biggest win against the Old Lady.
One of the most important fixtures of recent years was in April last year, when Napoli won 1-0 at Juventus as they continued to race to wrap up their famous 2022/23 Serie A title win.
A stoppage-time goal from forward Giacomo Raspadori earned Luciano Spalletti’s men a 1-0 victory in controversial circumstances.
The home side had two goals ruled out following VAR reviews. Angel Di Maria had a great solo strike ruled out in the 82nd minute, Dusan Vlahovic also had a goal ruled out in added time, leaving Napoli on the verge of their title triumph.
Pre-match Analysis – Crucial Factors
For Juventus, they will need Vlahovic at his ruthless best, and they need Adrien Rabiot to pull the strings from deep. Veteran Wojciech Szczęsny will be a steady hand in goal – or Napoli will take advantage.
The Serie A champions need Osimhen firing on all cylinders. If they can rediscover their best form, that could take them to an inspiring victory and let them kick on in the season.
Juventus vs Napoli is a potentially fascinating match-up between two serious title contenders, and the mixture of defensive steel coming up against free-flowing attacking football is a real clash of styles.
Fan Tokens – Engaging with the Clubs
Juventus Fan Tokens and Napoli Fan Tokens are digital assets that let you transform your support for either the clubs into rewards for. As a Fan Token holder, you will have the opportunity to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences, unique prizes , and many other rewards for your lifelong passion for one of the Serie A giants. Fan tokens will allow you to take part in official team polls, predict results, check-in for matches, play games, and name your favourite players, all while earning reward points to help you earn Fan Rewards.