- Juventus rewarded the talismanic Portuguese star with 770 $JUV Fan Tokens in an on-the- pitch ceremony before the Serie A game with Benevento.
- Ronaldo broke Pele’s record of 767 goals in official matches when he scored a hat-trick against Cagliari last week.
- $JUV Fan Tokens are collectible, tradable digital assets minted on the Chiliz blockchain. Fans can use Fan Tokens to engage with their favourite clubs on Socios.com.
- The digital assets market is booming. 24 clubs have partnered with Chiliz to launch Fan Tokens, with Premier League leaders Man City becoming the latest on Friday. The total Fan Token market cap recently exceeded $400M.
- Chiliz is a leading crypto-unicorn ecosystem with a market capitalization of $3B.
TURIN, MARCH 21ST: Italian champions Juventus have rewarded captain Cristiano Ronaldo with 770 $JUV Fan Tokens in a pre-match ceremony that took place before the Serie A clash with Benevento.
The Portuguese star broke Pele’s record of 767 career goals in official matches, when he fired in a hat-trick against Cagliari last weekend.
In receiving the reward, Ronaldo becomes the first player to be rewarded with digital collectibles.
$JUV Fan Tokens are collectible, tradable digital assets minted on the Chiliz blockchain and used by fans on the fan engagement mobile app Socios.com. Fan Tokens provide owners with VIP rewards, club promotions, games, AR-enabled features and access to voting rights in club polls.
Juventus became the first club in the world to launch a Fan Token in December 2019 and are now part of a 24-strong network of clubs who have launched Fan Tokens on Socios.com with Chiliz that also includes FC Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and AC Milan.
Premier league leaders Manchester City became the first Premier League club to launch a Fan Token on Socios.com on Friday, with more EPL clubs set to follow suit. The Socios.com platform currently attracts in excess of 100, 000 users daily.
The digital collectibles market is currently booming. CoinMarketCap, the world’s most referenced price tracking website for digital assets, has created a dedicated page for Fan Tokens minted on the Chiliz blockchain. The total Fan Token market cap recently exceeded $400M and daily average trading volumes are $50M.
Chiliz is a leading crypto-unicorn ecosystem with a market capitalization of $3B and 100+ employees worldwide. The company has major global expansion plans for 2021 and will increase their existing presence in Europe while targeting many more Fan Token launches in the UK, Asia and South America. Chiliz also recently announced a $50M expansion into the US to target launches with the 5 major US sports leagues.